4. If you find new urine stains on hardwood use paper towels
• You need to act fast if you notice urine stains on hardwood;
• Put a LOT of paper towels on the area to absorb the stain until it comes out dry;
5. How to remove odors from hardwood
• Mix vinegar with baking soda and water, then rub the solution with a sponge;
• Leave it there for a maximum of 10 minutes and wipe it out with a dry towel;
If there is still a bad odor around then you should:
• Sprinkle baking soda on the floor while it’s still wet;
• Let it sit for several hours;
• Then vacuum it.
The best thing that you can do in this situation is to act fast, any minute wasted means your furniture or floors are closer to getting a permanent and unwanted odor.